What do Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage do?
Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Examine damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Determine salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Arrange to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
Related Jobs (Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage)