What do Correspondence Clerks do?
Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
- Prepare documents and correspondence such as damage claims, credit and billing inquiries, invoices, and service complaints.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Present clear and concise explanations of governing rules and regulations.
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
- Type acknowledgment letters to persons sending correspondence.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Complete form letters in response to requests or problems identified by correspondence.
- Route correspondence to other departments for reply.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
- Ensure that money collected is properly recorded and secured.
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information contained in medical records, copying medical records, and selective extracts in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Compute costs of records furnished to requesters, and write letters to obtain payment.
- Compose correspondence requesting medical information and records.
- Prepare records for shipment by certified mail.
- Obtain written authorization to access required medical information.
- Confer with company personnel regarding feasibility of complying with writers' requests.
- Submit completed documents to typists for typing in final form, and instruct typists in matters such as format, addresses, addressees, and the necessary number of copies.
- Process orders for goods requested in correspondence.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
Related Jobs (Correspondence Clerks)